Sunday, August 8, 2010

Adagio ~ Music For Relaxation

Sunday, August 8, 2010


I got the heck this days for listening classical music...luckily I found this site that shares great classical albums. So I downloaded a few and I really like the one I'm currently obsessed with now, it's all in Adagio by the various famous classical artists we know and of course I wouldn't want to listen to all of this goods all by myself so here I am sharing it you.

Meditation: Music for Relaxation and DreamingNow I'm kinda wondering if you know what Adagio mean? That is not a question really for those classical music enthusiast but I want to make a brief definition to it so that others might have their idea about it. 'Adagio', which I always awfully mispronounced every time as 'Adaigo' (wrong spelling by the way), is actually an Italian word for 'at ease' or a tempo marking indicating that the music is to be played slowly (Wikipedia). So this tracks from the album that I'm gonna share with you are all Adagio from famous pieces of classical artists.

by Tomaso Albinoni
by Wolfgang A. Mozart
by George Frideric Handel
by Edvard Grieg
by Modest Mussorgsky
by Samuel Barber
by Camille Saint-Saens
by Franz Schmidt
by Johann Sebastian Bach
by Joaquin Rodrigo
Adagio from Spartacus 
by Aram Khachaturian

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Good day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment