Thursday, August 19, 2010

Studio Ghibli | My Neighbor Totoro

Thursday, August 19, 2010


So I decided to put a whole album sample for Studio Ghibli's works and of course I'm ecstatic with the whole idea since I got almost all of their albums, yahoo for me, hehe...so anyway for my first Studio Ghibli Soundtracks to share, I give you My Neighbor Totoro!

My Neighbor Totoro is an 1988 film written and directed by none other than Hayao Miyazaki and produced by Studio Ghibli. It's actually a story about a two girls and their father who moved home near to where their mother is hospitalized. After their settlement, the younger sister played and saw two rabbit-like creatures, she then followed it in the forest until she met the large version of that rabbit-like being...she then named it Totoro which she wants to mean as 'troll' only she mispronounced it and later been found out that he is the Keeper of the Forest, sort like the Spirit of the forest. It follows the adventure of the two girls and their newly found spirit friends. At first, I thought the movie was strangely weird and beautiful. This animation movie sure brings back a child's imagination. When I first watch this film, it made me feel like I was a kid again...the whole imaginary concept of the movie was truly wonderful and great, it's a like a true kid's mind wrote the story itself. Totoro, the forest spirit is really an adorable character...I suddenly remembered when I watch Toy Story 3 that I saw Totoro in one of the little girl's stuff toys...it really made me say 'awe' out-loud until I realized that I was the only one reacting to it at the cinema, I would totally choose Totoro over the Care Bear stuff toys if you'd ask me...hahaha:D It's truly an exciting and childhood reminiscing movie. You just can't help but love this movie.




The soundtracks is a work by Joe Hisaishi, I hope you wouldn't have any question about him since I already said something about this great man before in my previous post. An any rate, ENJOY THIS TREAT! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment