Friday, April 22, 2011

[OST]: The Girl Who Leap Through Time

Friday, April 22, 2011


I don't know why haven't I posted this sooner before but nonetheless, it's still great that I'm able to do it now.

Along with the Ghibli Movies and the Anime movie '5 Centimeter Per Second', I also want to introduce to you guys one of the greatest Anime movie I've watched, 'The Girl Who Leap Trough Time'. Though I'm a fan of movies, sci-fi are something that I had a bit least interest with, I mean, I better much like movies and plotlines that realistic and touching, you get what I mean?...Anyway, the movie is a sci-fi as all of would have guessed already, with a bit of humor and romance-comedy that I like. Actually the concept of the movie itself brings reality of what youngsters undergoing puberty has in their life, like for example, deciding what do after graduating high school? what kind of course to take? or should I still continue studying? some just nonchalantly complain about everything that there parents are nagging them for things like they should take this and that and proceed to this and that...blah...blah...blah...(which by the way, all these examples are my real-life experience) in other words, Change, in which is inevitable. I mean, at one point or rather many points in our lives, we are often confused, hesitant and even indecisive with our future plans...sometimes wishing that 'I could go back to that time when everything was carefree and no any responsibility or obligations that needs to be fulfilled'...or sometimes hoping that 'nothing will change'.

Now enough with the my deep thoughts since I'm beginning to fly out from my topic. 'The Girl Who Leap Through' time was actually a novel entitled 'Toki o Kakeru Shoujo' which is the Japanese title, created about 4 decades ago, I'm not sure, and has been made to a movie many times already and last year made it's third live-action movie version, more like a sequel to the original story line, actually, I've recently finished watching the movie a while ago and thought of posting this one after finishing it, but the soundtrack that I'm going to share with you guys is the 2006 Anime movie version of the novel...honestly, I really liked the Anime more than those three movie versions. I wouldn't want to dwell more on how the story goes, best watch it or read the summary of the story.


All in all, I totally love this movie and be one of my most fave Anime movies of all. No words could best describe these movie made me feel, maybe a nostalgia of something serene but not really close to that. The moral of this movie is to'never be afraid of changes' because nothing is constant, you just have to face it and accept it wholeheartedly. :)


All music by Kiyoshi Yoshida except for the * by Oku Hanako, which is actually one of my favorite Japanese songwriter & singer...I really like the meaning of her lyrics in these movie soundtrack. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment